On this page, you can find resources to support children's learning.
- Booktrust Great Books Guide
- Great Books to Read Aloud
- PreSchool Recommended Reads
- Reception Recommended Reads
- Year 1 Recommended Reads
- Year 2 Recommended Reads
- Year 3 Recommended Reads
Frith Manor use the Accelerated Reader system as a way to improve children's engagement with reading through opportunities to win points by demonstrating their comprehension of a text and to have an automatic record of how many words they have read.
Accelerated Reader is used in KS2.
Frith Manor use the Mathletics online system to provide maths homework carefully aligned with the work children are doing in school, The system will give children feedback and support on the work they are doing.
Mathletics is used from Year 2 upwards.
Children earn certificates for the points they earn through completing their homework activity tasks and through playing the fun Live Mathletics games.
- Bronze certificates = awarded for earning 1000 points or more within one week.
- Silver certificates = awarded for 5 weeks of scoring more than 1000 points (5 bronze certificates)
- Gold Certificate = awarded for 20 weeks of scoring more than 100o points within one week (4 silver certificates) You’ll need to show commitment and developing ability to earn this much-coveted award.
Certificates will be awarded to children in celebration assemblies through the year.
Times Tables Rock Stars
Frith Manor use the Times Table Rock Stars (TTRS) system to provide an entertaining and motivating way for children to learn their times table facts accurately and fluently.
TTRS is used in KS2.