Little Acorns - 2 & 3 Year Olds Nursery
Little Acorns is Frith Manor's nursery for children aged 2 and 3 years old.
We are delighted to announce the opening of our new two and three year olds nursery ‘Little Acorns’ in September 2021. At Little Acorns Nursery, we will provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment full of wonder and excitement, where children are given a sense of belonging and a love for learning.
Our brand-new setting will open for the first time in September 2021. The setting is under construction over the Summer, so we do not have photos yet, but the key features are:
- a spacious, airy classroom that can be divided into cosier spaces
- a large covered outside area with direct access from the classroom
- supervised access to the huge playground and other amazing spaces the Frith Manor grounds provide
- soft-play and sensory room
- parent's hub with a kitchen where we will run parenting training & events
We will open for 12 children building to a capacity for 20. There will be 3 staff at opening.
Children can be enrolled for:
- Morning session 8.30am-11.30am
- Afternoon session 12.30pm-3.30pm
- Full Day session: 8:30AM - 3:30pm
- Wrap Around session: 7:45AM - 6:00pm which will be run in conjunction with our Breakfast Club and After School club provider, SOTO.
For those children enrolled for a Full Day or Wrap Around session, a packed lunch will need to be provided by the parents/carers.
- Home visits for new starters week beginning September 13th
- Children starting from the week beginning September 20th
Free Places - Free childcare and early education for 2 year olds
Your 2 year-old may be eligible for up to 15 hours per week of free learning and play.
If you are receiving the qualifying benefits, your two year old can access 15 hours of early education for free each week, for 38 weeks of the year. You can take these 15 hours as flexibly as your childcare provider can offer.
* In addition to the qualifying benefits above the Department of Education has also included the following two criteria:
- Families that are excluded from claiming public funds as a consequence of their immigration status, or their lack of immigration status
- Families who are in receipt of support under section 17 of the Children Act 1989
2 year olds that qualify can start their free place at the beginning of the school term following their second birthday.
A child born between:
Is eligible from:
1 January - 31 March
1 April - Summer Term
April - 31 August
1 September - Autumn Term
1 September - 31 December
1 January - Spring Term
If you are interested in a free place there is more information on the Barnet website LINK on how to apply, or you can call 020 8359 3052.
The cost of Little Acorn provision is £9 per hour.
To make an application, visit the application page LINK