Transition to Secondary School
This section of our website is used to share information about preparing for your child's move to secondary school. This includes:
- information on how to find out about the schools to which you could apply;
- information about how we support children in making the move from primary school to secondary school
- information about how you can support your child's move from primary school to secondary school
How to apply for your child's secondary school
Here you will find information and guidance to support you in completing the secondary transition processBarnet - guide to secondary school education 2022
Secondary School Open Meetings for Prospective Parents and Students
One of the key ways to find out about what each of the different secondary schools offer and whether they are a good fit for your child is by visiting them. Below you will find a schedule for all Barnet school open evening meetings:
Please review these flyers for secondary school open evenings.
- Bishop Douglass 15th September
- BISHOP DOUGLASS CATHOLIC SCHOOL Tuesday 12th October 2021
- Christ College Finchley Open Event 21st September
- Dame Alice Owen
- Friern Barnet School 22nd September 2021
- St Columbas Open Morning October 2nd
- The Compton School 30th September
How Frith Manor Supports Your Child to Move to Secondary School
Year 6 parents are invited to a secondary transfer meeting on Monday, 20th September - 3:30-4pm in the school hall. This meeting will talk through the eAdmissions process.
If you need help completing and submitting the eAdmissions form, we will be holding drop-in mornings on Thursday, 14th October and Wednesday, 20th October 9am-10am.
There will be a meeting for Year 5 parents in the Spring term to begin looking at transition for the next academic year. We also hold transition fairs in the spring/summer term where we invite secondary schools in to speak with parents and share what their school has to offer.