Pupil Premium Application
What is Pupil Premium?
The pupil premium is extra money given to schools each year by the Government to improve the attainment and of disadvantaged children. Extra money is given for each child who is eligible. An application must be made for each child.
Why should I apply?
If you apply and qualify for the funding, the school can use the money to provide valuable support such as:
- Extra one-to-one or small-group support for children within the classroom
- Funding educational trips and visits
- Investing in resources that boost children’s learning, such as computers and tablets.
Who can apply?
Your child may be eligible for pupil premium if you receive, or have received in the last six years, any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit with an annual net income of no more than £7,400 (correct as at September 2020)
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less (correct as at September 2020)
If your child is in Years 3-6 and is eligible for Free School Meals, there is no need for you to apply for Pupil Premium funding as well because Pupil Premium will be paid to the school automatically. If your child is in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, applying for Free School Meals is useful as this will trigger the child becoming eligible for the Pupil Premium: this is despite them receiving free school meals as part of the Universal Free School Meal scheme.
Please review the information about Free School Meals HERE.
Making an application
If you think your child might be eligible for Pupil Premium, please consider making an application by downloading the application form, completing it and returning it to the school office together with the required supporting documentation. The information provided will be treated as confidential and accessible only to those involved in the process.
If you want to discuss with someone before completing the form, or would like help completing the form, please do get in touch with the office for them to direct you to the correct person.